Dates are too sweet

Tonight was my first meal since coming back from the wedding over the weekend. Back to eggs and herb salad. It is a combo about which there can be few complaints. The eggs were cooked in ghee, and the herbs had olive oil and red wine vinegar.
As can be seen from the photo, the eggs and salad were paired with dates and champagne. I love dates, but tonight I thought they were almost too sweet.

Without milk solids, there is nothing left in the pan but clear grease--no browned bits at all.
After dinner I finished the champagne and the St. Andre cheese I didn't eat the other night. This was a meal I could repeat again and again, although as I say the dates were very sweet. Of course, olive oil, champagne and cheese are not strictly within the ancestral health paradigm. Hopefully I won't die.