The Patient Nurse by Diana Palmer

As you know, we live in a world where female nurses are often portrayed as objectified sex symbols. As a male nurse (student), I can live with this. In fact, to tell the truth, I, personally, am ready to live in the world of the objectified male nurse sex symbol.

The other day at work, I was waiting for a ride near the Fast Track entrance, where someone had dropped off a box of romance novels. Bored, I started to rummage through it. Then I noticed this book cover. Wow, I thought, this must be a book that presents a male nurse as an objectified sex symbol--this must be a first!! After all, you can see clearly that "the patient nurse" is the unfortunate (but patient) man who has to wait (patiently) for the heroine to figure out that it is really the male nurse she loves...
Ho, ho, hold on there!! You didn't read the back cover, did you? That's no male nurse, that's Dr. Ramon Cortero, and his "patient" is Noreen Kensington, "a nurse with a serious condition of heartache..." Remedy? Why nothing other than "A dose of old-fashioned loving!"

Yeah, baby, yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment