Drug preferences by medical specialty

When I took an EMT-B class a while back, I noticed that there were a fair number of people in the class who were most worked up over the possibility of seeing car accidents and most engaged by the instructors' stories of having to hold in the intestines of an eviscerated patient. "This is what people want who go into emergency medicine," I thought. So, it comes as no surprise when Mindhacks reports that drug use is most high among doctors in nurses in emergency and critical care and lowest in surgery. Psychiatry also ranks highly, although with different classes of drugs. In nursing, but not in medicine, oncology also ranks highly. It doesn't surprise me to learn that oncology nurses use drugs, but I was surprised to learn that oncology nursing ranks with emergency and critical care nursing for binge drinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment