Paleo on the roof of the world

My town has a new restaurant started by a Tibetan Buddhist monk. It serves cuisine from Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan, all countries located in the Himalayan mountains.I ordered off the Bhutan menu today for lunch. I had phaksha kum paa (pork belly with daikon radish cooked with onions, garlic, ginger, chilli powder) and suja (salted butter tea). This was a completely Paleo Diet meal, although it was served with rice (which I felt compelled to eat out of politeness since I hadn't asked them not to serve it).

Bhutan has an interesting array of fauna, including the golden langur, clouded leopard, sloth bear, the barking deer, and an animal called the takin.

I'd be interested in tasting the takin, but the pork belly was quite good. The restaurant only uses meat from local growers: pasture fed beef, heritage hogs, and free-range chicken.

I'll be eating Himalayan again.