National Museum's online photo gallery




via WIRED and BoingBoing comes the news that the National Museum of Health and Medicine is uploading their photos to Flickr. Shown above are photos from the WWII set: medical evac by plane; and a blood transfusion kit captured from the Japanese.

History of nursing is a difficult topic for me. Most of my youth was spent obsessed with WWII, and even today history and fiction of WWII makes me happier and more excited than almost anything. However, nursing in WWII was definitely a woman's job, as per the society of that time. I can't really identify with historical nursing and the attempt to do so makes me feel bad about myself. This is not how I would have chosen to experience professionalism, and I suspect other male nurses have similar issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment